I think the difference in price is a factor to consider, we run our panel connected to both main batteries (cab & leisure) through the control unit plus a 100amphr battery on a 120 Solar Panel.

I have installed several double USB sockets and a cigar socket for TV linked directly to third battery used when not connected to mains and never had an issue.

On 18/11/2020 at 23:53, kiters61 said:

we are thinking about getting a 120w Solar panel kit from Sunstore.co.uk for a dual battery feed, or would a 150w be a better option.  

Kiters

You don't mention whether it is your intention to go off piste so to speak or whether you intention is to just maintain battery condition? I have a 100 Watt solar panel on my Bailey but in their wisdom they decided only to connect it to the leisure battery despite installing a controller capable of charging both hab and cab batteries. I got round this  by fitting a device called a Battery Master which pushes any excess charge in the leisure battery through to the cab battery. On several years of experience of this sort of set up I am happy that it works well. If you are more concerned about camping with no EHU I would have thought the larger the panel the better to get the battery charge replenished.  

David

Klyne.

we intend to use mainly non electric CLs but on some occasions use hook ups, thinking of  getting one to charge Leisure & car battery  as we are on a storage site, van has got a tracker fitted as well, as first timers thought this would be our option to get a Solar panel fitted.

Mick  

21 hours ago, kiters61 said:

Klyne.

we intend to use mainly non electric CLs but on some occasions use hook ups, thinking of  getting one to charge Leisure & car battery  as we are on a storage site, van has got a tracker fitted as well, as first timers thought this would be our option to get a Solar panel fitted.

Mick  

Mick

You will need to make sure the solar panel controller has the ability to charge both batteries, it should do but worth a check. The controller can be set to the percentage of charge to each battery. Usual set up seems to be 90% to the leisure battery and 10% to cab battery but this can be adjusted if the 10% is not sufficient to keep the cab battery up to the required level.

David