Bailey Adamo 2021 Range

Gordon

I was initially very excited about this new range as they all have automatic gearboxes which I would love to have. However having delved into the detail a bit all models have minuscule payloads, somewhere between 350 and 410 kgs,  especially as most of them have four seat belts. I have no idea if they can be uprated but then the problem becomes the 3500 kgs weight many of us of 70 and over have on our driving licence.

David

I agree David. The two things that initially drew me to them was the fact that they were on a Ford base and had auto transmission, and while I wasn't so keen on the price I would have considered them except for the number of trip hazards on the floor and the payload restriction. Why is it, I wonder, that MH designers cannot 'design in' a level floor for the length of many motorhomes?

Gordon. 

Gordon

Our first Bailey had a level floor throughout apart from the step up into the cab. Our Alliance has a raised floor in the lounge which we weren't keen on but have got used to. One possible reason is that it allows heating pipes to go from one side of the van to the other. It also means the under bed lockers are much deeper so there are pros and cons.

David

Our MH has a raised floor both under the cab area and in the rear bedroom.

The one at the front is a pain, as the cab seats are set several inches higher than the main floor, leaving feet dangling in fresh air when the seats are rotated to face the rear. The rear raised floor does carry services below but as there is plenty of headroom in the centre section of the MH, it would not need an Einstein to raise that section to match the two ends of the vehicle. I suppose that at least if I trip over the bedroom step I can only fall onto a bed! The thought however of tripping at the front and cracking my skull on the dashboard has less appeal.

Having put up with unnecessary steps in the floor I don't want it again, and so when the time comes, if I cannot find a suitable MH replacement with a level floor, for me that will be a deal breaker.

Gordon