hi will be looking for an overnight stop about 1 hour from the tunnel was thinking about lens ? but would like to hear any ones views on anywhere else around the one hour mark ,,,thanks 

1 hour ago, Gordon said:

Hi,

I cannot recommend a stopover near Lens but we have stayed a number of times at Camping La Bien-Assise at Guînes (just south of the tunnel) both as a stopover when en route to / from further afield, and also to stay for longer. 

I hope that helps.

Gordon

hi thanks Gordon i will check it out ,,,

5 minutes ago, rob said:

hi thanks Gordon i will check it out ,,,

hi again ,,i was looking at an aire ,,i will be arriving late and away early so dont really want to pay 30 euros or similar for a site ,,but thanks for the info ,,,

If you only want to stop briefly there are a number of pull ins along the D940 between Calais and Boulogne. For example "Pointe aux Oies at Wimereux" that's used as a car park during the daytime, but often MHs stop overnight - but there are no facilities and you have to be wary of the low stone walls. It used also to be possible to stay at the end of "Rue de la Mer" at Escalles" but I have a vague recollection that stopping overnight is no longer permitted. Just north of Sangatte there is a small pull in by the road to Sangatte beach that's safe now that the asylum seekers camp has closed - there used to be a Renault service garage opposite but that is now a butchers and not well signposted.

While we have stopped occasionally overnight in the wilds of Scotland with my inlaws old VW camper, personally I only use the aires in France during the day as I've always preferred the added security overnight that's offered by a formal site.

7 hours ago, Gordon said:

If you only want to stop briefly there are a number of pull ins along the D940 between Calais and Boulogne. For example "Pointe aux Oies at Wimereux" that's used as a car park during the daytime, but often MHs stop overnight - but there are no facilities and you have to be wary of the low stone walls. It used also to be possible to stay at the end of "Rue de la Mer" at Escalles" but I have a vague recollection that stopping overnight is no longer permitted. Just north of Sangatte there is a small pull in by the road to Sangatte beach that's safe now that the asylum seekers camp has closed - there used to be a Renault service garage opposite but that is now a butchers and not well signposted.

While we have stopped occasionally overnight in the wilds of Scotland with my inlaws old VW camper, personally I only use the aires in France during the day as I've always preferred the added security overnight that's offered by a formal site.

hi thanks Gordon i understand what your saying and if it looks unsafe i wont stay,,found this one that a couple on you tube stayed at nouvion,,they said it was very quite and its in  a little village ? 

On 19/09/2020 at 10:01, Gordon said:

I wish you a safe journey then Rob :)

All the best,

Gordon

hi Gordon just to let you know we arrived home safe and sound tonight ,,we stayed in a aire come car park in a little village 1 hour from the tunnel nouvion i think it was called we had no problem supermarket and fuel 2 mins ,,thanks for your help ,,2 weeks now doing nothing ,,:Thankyou: