Sign in to follow this  
bikerbri

Road Tax

Not much happening to report but although I am waiting to hear what Boris has to say to the nation on Sunday I am now seriously considering putting the MH on a SORN rather than waste any more Road Tax just to sit on the drive. Despite talk of easing the Lockdown in a phased manner I think it will be quite some time before worthwhile travel will be allowed and probably just in time for winter.

At least it can be re-activated instantly should a miracle occur.

I did think about SORN mine as it is just sitting inside at storage but I had a service just before Christmas and was hoping I could at least drive it 4 miles to my drive to do a few jobs at least with all the spare time at the moment .

I don't think much will change for awhile just a few tweaks .

I should be in Portugal now was the plans .

Dave, I don't think driving your MH back to your address would be an issue, it's those heading a distance away from their home that are at risk. You could always ask your local police if it's ok just to be sure. Portugal for you and Spain for me all on hold probably for the rest of this year.

Every year we either fly to Lanzarote in Sept or India in Oct and that's not going to happen either, so it's Costa Del Shropshire on Playa Backgarden for us.

I keep thinking about whether to SORN the motorhome. However even if campsites don't open but we are free to take vehicles out for what is currently considered an unnecessary journey I might not bother.

David

That was my logic since March David and we may be a little wiser after Sunday's announcement but not hopeful.

EU has extended restrictions on ''unnecessary journey's'' to June 15th and I think it will again.

The UK as yet is still being very cautious regarding the Lockdown and leisure driving I fear is bottom of the list

We can but live in hope

The question will be if sites are opening mid July do you go away or stay isolated then you could SORN the vehicle ?

Personally Dave I have written off this year so intend to SORN 31st May.

I believe we are safer in our own MH on our own pitch but no campsite can guarantee your not at risk until either a vaccine or pandemic declared over.

Using facilities provided on site alone is risky, contamination by touch is a reality. We all have to make our own Risk Assesments.