Sign in to follow this  
klyne

CMC Update on European Travel

In the light of the increasing issues surrounding the Covid -19 virus the CMC have issued this information on their Club Together forum https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/overseas-sites-touring/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-guidance It applies to members already in Europe and to those about to travel.

David

Thank you for he link David. It all sounds like sensible advice but I wonder why the club felt it necessary to remove the three responses from members. We are left to guess the reasons but I am left to wonder if they disagreed with the opening post? Just my thoughts and I am not intending open a debate on the subject.

For what it is worth, personally I shall not be travelling outside of the UK for some time but for those who either are abroad now or hope to travel the link below allows them to look at the situation country by country.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice 

Kermit

3 hours ago, Kermit said:

Thank you for he link David. It all sounds like sensible advice but I wonder why the club felt it necessary to remove the three responses from members. We are left to guess the reasons but I am left to wonder if they disagreed with the opening post? Just my thoughts and I am not intending open a debate on the subject.

For what it is worth, personally I shall not be travelling outside of the UK for some time but for those who either are abroad now or hope to travel the link below allows them to look at the situation country by country.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice 

Kermit

The replies were only requesting that it was made a "sticky" thread so it appeared at the top of the listing so once that was done there was no need for them to remain.

David

Im still trying to work out why we all need 1000 toilet rolls in the house because of this virus 😟

My Malaga trip on 30th with Jet2 cancelled and in the tiny T&C's they are not obliged to refund under Civil Aviation Legislation, now there's a suprise.

Our 1st June trip to Spain now under the spotlight of course, Ferry and deposits all paid in advance, they may not still be in business by then 😮

No further comments printable.......

9 hours ago, klyne said:

The replies were only requesting that it was made a "sticky" thread so it appeared at the top of the listing so once that was done there was no need for them to remain.

David

That sounds reasonable David but it just looked a little suspicious that the content of the responses had been deleted, leaving only the fact that there had been replies. Why not just lock the thread and then pin it, leaving the replies intact?

Anyway it matters not as you've answered my question so I thank you again for the information.

Kermit