Sign in to follow this  
bikerbri

Spain 2020

Decided on our final plan for 2020 and its a partial re-run of our 2018 trip. Newhaven to Dieppe down to the Spanish border and on to Valencia region.

Fingers crossed concerning Coronavirus but at least were not leaving till June 1st for 4 weeks. Review as follows:-

DFDS Ferry to Dieppe June 1st onward to Camping Robinson (Bourges) 1 Night.

Camping Les Cerisiers (Compeyre) 1 Night.

Camping La Corona (Blanes/Tarragona) Spain 1 Night.

Camping KikoPark (Oliva)  10 Nights

Camping Bonterra Park (Benicassim)  5 Nights.

Camping La Pinar (Blanes/Tarragona) 1 Night

Camping Les Sablons (Beziers) France 7 Nights

Camping Les Cerisiers (Compeyre) 1 Night

Camping Robinson (Bourges) 1 Night and onward to Dieppe Ferry Port.

All booked in advance and deposits paid online.

Fingers crossed Gordon, because it is all pre-booked I will stay within the plan for once 😊

Just could not find suitable sites in Portugal so maybe some other time.

We are considering an ATMB Toll Tag for France, reviews seem good.

I confess that I've never used a toll tag but understand they can be a benefit. I tend to avoid the toll roads all together though unless having to travel long distances in a short time. I prefer to see the countryside and take my time, occasionally hopping on to the toll-free sections to circumvent towns etc.

When we first visited France for example we travelled via Calais, down the west coast, along the Pyrénées and the Mediterranean coast to the Italian boarder then north up to Reimes and back to Calais using only national roads. Basically it was a big circle around France that was followed the next year with a zig-zag route down the centre of the country to the Med' and back. In each case several weeks elapsed during our travels, no tolls were paid but there were a lot of different campsites visited!

These days  we tend to pick one or two main sites with maybe an occasional short stop-over en route, although in the past I have towed a caravan the length of France in a day. when obviously toll roads were essential. 

I take a similar approach to UK travel, so (while I've been a passenger in someone else's car) I've never driven on the M6 toll road as I don't like the thought of paying twice to get somewhere.

We normally plan 6 weeks for our trip but due to Jayne's work commitments we had to settle for one month hence the need to use toll's. Total millage for the trip is 2635.

Our best bargain is Camping Les Sablons , a 5* rated beach side complex in South of France £240 for 7 nights, new site for us to try.

All our chosen campsites offer a multitude of potential tourist sites to visit on the scooter.

French toll's are notoriously expensive but we want the maximum time possible in Spain on our shortened timespan without trying to cover the whole of France in a single trip to the spanish border as we have done previously. I have set a max limit of 300 miles between campsites for this trip.

looks great trip ,,i am only stopping twice on the way to kiko ,,hope i not overdoing it ,,dieppe to just above Bordeaux ,,then on to tudela ,,then next day kiko ,,😀

Have a great trip Rob, hope all the info I gave you works out well for you both, tell kikopark to keep the kettle on😄

will do ,,leaving in 30 mins the wind will blow me down there ,,,🤣

11 hours ago, bikerbri said:

Have a great trip Rob,

I'll echo that. Enjoy your trip Rob.