Sign in to follow this  
rob

Truma aircon

Hi first post on here ..I have just bought a autotrail imala 2018 it has aircon unit But does not seem to have any power to it cant seem to find any plugs fuses etc to trace wires it's a comfort model it has no lights on the unit ...

Any help would be great ...rob

Hi Rob, not knowing the full facts but I assume contacting the seller/dealer would be your first option.

If there is a makers name on the unit you could try the internet assuming there was no operating manual supplied with your MH or Autotrail themselves.

It could be connected directly into the wiring loom (or not connected at all) and possibly fused internally but that's pure guesswork, others on here may be more helpful.

Hello Rob,

It's great to see another member joining our gathering. I cannot help with your Truma problem but I thought I would just say hello all the same. Our camper has an underfloor heater run from the vehicle's fuel tank. It makes an awful noise and is expensive so is rarely used. It's easier to use a thicker duvet and then run the engine for five minutes before moving off in the morning!

Hope you soon get your Truma sorted.

Campervan.

On 20/11/2019 at 10:28, Campervan said:

Hello Rob,

It's great to see another member joining our gathering. I cannot help with your Truma problem but I thought I would just say hello all the same. Our camper has an underfloor heater run from the vehicle's fuel tank. It makes an awful noise and is expensive so is rarely used. It's easier to use a thicker duvet and then run the engine for five minutes before moving off in the morning!

Hope you soon get your Truma sorted.

Campervan.

hi thanks ,,im sure its not much.. motor home is only over a year old ,,better not be any thing serious ,,, well i just found the problem ,,its never been connected up by the looks of it ,,

aircon.jpg

1 hour ago, rob said:

hi thanks ,,im sure its not much.. motor home is only over a year old ,,better not be any thing serious ,,, well i just found the problem ,,its never been connected up by the looks of it ,,

Well that'll certainly stop it working. I wonder if it has been disconnected because of a fault or whether as you suggest, it has never been connected.

Gordon.

Rob

Did you buy it from a dealer or an individual? I imagine its not from a dealer as they should have checked it before signing it over to you. Are you able to contact the seller? I think you need to establish why the installation was seemingly abandoned. Was it the previous owner who perhaps took on more than he could handle? Assuming its complete but just needs properly installing you could approach a local dealer to complete the job. Hope you get it sorted.

David

hi thanks i have contacted the place i bought it and he was surprised ,,he told me to take it to a truma installer and send him the bill  so its going into rhino install at preston ,but they cant do it till 20th december ,,must be busy eh,,thanks for the help 

12 hours ago, rob said:

hi thanks i have contacted the place i bought it and he was surprised ,,he told me to take it to a truma installer and send him the bill  so its going into rhino install at preston ,but they cant do it till 20th december ,,must be busy eh,,thanks for the help 

Rob

I somehow think you might not need the air conditioning this side of Christmas😊

David

14 hours ago, klyne said:

Rob

I somehow think you might not need the air conditioning this side of Christmas😊

David

thats true but the longer i leave it the harder it is to get dealers to come up with free repairs ,,hope to go to Spain soon as i can ,,

another little thing i was thinking about do i need steadies or similar or do i not need them ? 

6 hours ago, bikerbri said:

Hi Rob, what part of Spain are you thinking of visiting?

hi ,,not sure never been in a motor home i will be asking when i come to book i took the caravan to France last year and was amazed how many motor homes there were,, so i got one ,,and think i will enjoy a trip to Spain i like the benidorm area but open to suggestions ,,thanks  

Hi Rob, if you click on Browse Forums and go down to Motorhome Holidays you will see a dozen reviews I did on Spanish Campsites plus an overview of the whole trip.

You may find some inspiration hopefully. Did the trip in 2018. Can always contact me if you want more in depth.

10 hours ago, bikerbri said:

Hi Rob, if you click on Browse Forums and go down to Motorhome Holidays you will see a dozen reviews I did on Spanish Campsites plus an overview of the whole trip.

You may find some inspiration hopefully. Did the trip in 2018. Can always contact me if you want more in depth.

thanks i am sure i will ,,,😀