Sign in to follow this  
Gordon

Quiet

It's been a bit quiet on the forum recently, so I wondered if everybody has just parked up for the winter? :unsure:

I don't know about the rest of you but our outfit is certainly used all year round, the last trip being to a site near to the NEC for the duration of the Motorhome and Caravan Show, and that certainly won't be the last trip out.

RV by NEC 2019.jpg

The perfect pitch. Didn't even have to unhitch the trailer !

I'm still here Gordon, we are not parked up but this year has not been too kind with Jayne's health which has restricted our travels but plans are in hand for Spain again in 2020 and another trip shortly to our favourite beach in Wales for a few days.

The scooter is tucked up for the winter but will need the rest before we get into our stride again, so bicycle rack back in favour at the moment.

Have just this week renewed the MH Insurance so might as well make best use of it.

Brian

:Thankyou:

I was beginning to wonder Brian - when all I could hear was the gentle rustle of tumbleweed :excl:

I try to look in every day but was starting to feel a little lonely !

Gordon.

What site was that Gordon with big pitches ?

At the moment just come back from Leamington Spa a few weeks ago and site owner was getting ready for a full site for NEC goers . I have just had a first engine service and in a couple of weeks habitation service then its planned to sit down and book a ferry for next year to Europe and a planned tour of Ireland's Wild Atlantic way on the west coast .

What has others got planned ?

14 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

What site was that Gordon with big pitches ?

That'll be Hollyfast Caravan Park, just north of Coventry. I've been using that for the NEC shows for a number of years. It's about a ten minute drive back to site through the lanes from the NEC in the evening but because of commuter traffic and not being able to cross the A45 dual carriageway without first going south to Coventry it can take nearer half an hour in the mornings. Probably about 2/3 of the pitches are under mature trees, the rest being open to the stars but all share the same well maintained washrooms, games room and small shop at the reception. There is a remote control security barrier at the site entrance and a large open parking area by the loo block primarily for use in wet weather.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Nothing specific is yet planned for our next trip away but in Blighty we have friends as far away as Cornwall and Inverness so visits in either direction are possibilities, plus of course trips to check out Jonny Foreigner's home territory. :)

Just got back from a week in North Norfolk, four nights at Seacroft in Cromer and three at Sandringham. The weather was quite good at Cromer, often sunny but a bit chilly. Unfortunately wet at Sandringham. We did for the first time since we owned a motorhome actually take it off site! We visited Felbrigg Hall in Norfolk which has good parking for motorhomes.

David