Sign in to follow this  
Apw

Bailey Approach 665

The underneath of the van is so low it’s awkward to drain grey water.  We’ve tried looking for ideas but to no avail.  Any ideas please?

The only thought I have, if possible, is to park directly above the service point drain. Our waste point is also quite low but it is still possible to discharge the tank, and the shorter the distance the waste pipe is horizontal, the easier this process is.

Gordon. 

I assume you are meaning when you are pitched up and not wanting to have trip to the disposal point? What I do is use one of those folding buckets and I decant into a Fiamma conatainer.

David

Wateremptying_1.jpg

Whats the problem, the latest Bailey motorhomes have 90 litre waste tank with ours 762 find it takes nearly 2 weeks to fill and we never or very rarely do dishes at a site wash point.

Lets face it its only grey water as in dish water so it does no harm to the ground if you run it off slowly overnight if tank full.

How often do motorhomers stay on site more than 2 weeks very few id say.

Raymond

Welcome to the Forum. Campsites usually have very strict rules on the disposal of waste water on site and specify that it can only be disposed at the provided waste water points. You mention washing up water which will contain remnants of food waste which will quickly become unpleasant if everyone were to do the same. We have to empty our tank every couple of days because we always use our own shower facilities.

David