Sign in to follow this  

Just for those who maybe interested.ive been in touch with a company and they are able to supply a self level system to fit motorhomes and caravans.

Supply only £2000. Im in no way connected with these but just thought if anybodies interested i can pass on there details.but if this is not aloud then plz remove.

oh sorry but didnt know if it was ok too.yes its called Amplo and they are in Italy

http://www.amplo.it/home.aspx

As said there price for 4 jacks kit for moho is 2000 euro plus 150e for delivery

I didnt enquire about a caravan(sorry to swear) as ours comes with it from new.

So the cheapest i could find was £4495 supply and fit. From MA-VE,Fitters in the uk.and these supply MA-Ve.

Having had caravans and motorhomes I can appreciate the benefit of self levelling on a MH, but not so convinced it's necessary on a caravan, where ramps and corner steadies are proven to work perfectly well. The "jacks" on our MH are strong enough to lift the entire vehicle clear of the ground if necessary on severe slopes or for wheel changing, although  suspect the aftermarket designs are intended more for levelling while maintaining weight on all of the wheels. 

Severe slope.jpg

22 hours ago, Gordon said:

Having had caravans and motorhomes I can appreciate the benefit of self levelling on a MH, but not so convinced it's necessary on a caravan, where ramps and corner steadies are proven to work perfectly well. The "jacks" on our MH are strong enough to lift the entire vehicle clear of the ground if necessary on severe slopes or for wheel changing, although  suspect the aftermarket designs are intended more for levelling while maintaining weight on all of the wheels. 

As with our E and p system fitted to the caravan.it can also lift the van totally off the floor for wheel changes.Think they are rated at 3t per jack.being a t/a there is 1 fitted to each axle for side to side level.The 1 reason i do like it is sure makes it easier for fitting the wheel locks,But for us in the moho the main reaso for it will be to stop the movement and the wife suffers with the effect.I was in the middle of asking them if just a 2 front jack would be a possablity.but would there be a strain or twist to the chassis if this was done? 99% of our stop are on h/s and mainly level.but that dont mean to say it wont twist

Thanks for the update. I've looked at the E&P products and they certainly look substantial enough for a 3 ton load. Although originally rated at 11 tonnes our MH has been re-plated to 7500kgs but I assume the jacks would have been rated to collectively lift a load higher than the original vehicle max weight. One thing I need to be aware of is that there is no interlock between the jacking system and starting the engine, or releasing the parking brake, therefore it would be possible to attempt to drive away with the jacks down. I believe the E&P system overcomes this by retracting the jacks if the parking brake is released.

Gordon.

Yes i had given thought to making sure not to drive away with the jacks down.Didnt think about the hand brake tho.

The reason behind not on the engine is,we are looking to do more rallies and if off grid  may need to start engine to charge batteries etc.so if on hand brake wont effect the lifting of jack and relevelling.