Sign in to follow this  
Muddywheels

Ex Vanner looking at Motorhomes

Very nice!. i can see the BBQ coming out soon.seriously tho is that the new drop down bed up front? It seem to a improvment on the previous mode.i dont know if i still like the luton vwersion or the newer version.trying to come to terms with it

I am sad to post following a letter from consultant regarding ongoing medical issue I've cancelled purchase of Bessie 😭

I admit I already had concerns about it being a manual with my leg issue so now decided to look for an auto instead although these appear rare as hens teeth 🤔

It looks like I will have to up my budget for an auto and think we'll hire something first to make sure everything is as good as we hope it is before taking the plunge🤞

11 hours ago, Muddywheels said:

I am sad to post following a letter from consultant regarding ongoing medical issue I've cancelled purchase of Bessie 😭

I admit I already had concerns about it being a manual with my leg issue so now decided to look for an auto instead although these appear rare as hens teeth 🤔

It looks like I will have to up my budget for an auto and think we'll hire something first to make sure everything is as good as we hope it is before taking the plunge🤞

Muddywheels

Sorry you have reached this point but I do have sympathy for you. The motorhome you have chosen could be obtained with an automatic gearbox of sorts. The Fiat range have an auto version which is basically an automatic clutch. If you want a full auto you might have to look to a Mercedes  based motorhome, although I think autos are available in Renault form but the problem is finding a model layout that suits. Good luck if you continue to search for the right motorhome.

David

Cheers klyne

I am looking for Fiat auto and thought it was full auto - if it's not I may have to rethink this ☹

Don't worry about a semi-auto if it is the same as some where a gear change can be triggered by lifting off the gas slightly and the auto-clutch is mechanical and not a torque converter as in some autos. There are only two pedals to worry about so your left leg can have a rest.

If by "automatic" is meant the Fiat Comfortmatic box, then they have three modes. Fully automatic, Semi-automatic, and manual. At least, they do according to Fiat!

Fully automatic is just that. Put it into gear, and it changes like a normal auto box. Semi-auto means that its still auto, but a gear change can be made whenever, such as if climbing hills. Manual mode is what I used to call a "Slapstick." Meaning, the gears can be changed at will, but they are not done automatically. 

I've only ever driven one, the only thing I didnt like was the slow gear change. Mind you, I'm used to the best automatic ever made, but I admit to being biased!....:)

Just an update folks - managed to get my deposit back on the 2018 B524 and today I placed a deposit on a 2019 Bessacarr Hi-Style Special Ed 560 Lounge Automatic - looking forward to delivery end of April/beginning of MayHappy

Image result for bessacarr 560 hi style

Bessacarr 560 Lounge

@ 7.1m bit longer than I originally planned but after viewing loads we feel this is the best layout/length for our needs - Hi-Style includes 150 bhp engine, leather steering wheel, sat nav, Duo comfort changeover, ext BBQ point, ext shower point, ext 240v socket and Lux pack so should very nice spec!

Can't wait......