Sign in to follow this  
Valkrider

Excellent customer service

As I live in Spain and we have the occasional hot day here I decided it might be a good idea to get a reflective screen for my Adria Sonic A class. I looked at Silverscreens and was not impressed with the way that the screen attached to the window side being trapped in the window and then making up a piece of wood to keep the window closed. I then looked at Taylormade and saw that they attach awning rail to the side of the van and the screen slots in there, a much better solution imho.

I contacted them and they did not have a Sonic pattern and as I was a long way from them a visit for pattern making was not on the cards. I found a lady on the Adria Motorhome Owners group on Facebook who would visit their offices for a pattern to be made. This she did but on speaking to Taylormade after she had visited her Sonic was different to mine in the location of the mirrors so as a result her pattern was unsuitable.

So Plan B ended up being what we did. I visited the UK in my van in August and during our tour of the UK we stayed at a site near Macclesfield which was about an hour from Taylormade in Huddersfield. Carolyn from Taylormade made the journey to meet us on a Sunday afternoon. She made a complete new template for my model of Sonic. On Monday evening she rang to say the cover was made and would be despatched on Tuesday to my son in Hampshire who we were visiting at the end of our holiday. The cover arrived on the Wednesday.

The only problem was that the awning rail that has to be suck to the side of the van was silver aluminium and where it was to go on my van was satin black. I had the two strips painted by a friend who is a custom car restorer and airbrush painter here in Spain. I fitted the strips with the supplied adhesive and left it for twice as long as recommended before trying the screen for the first time. The screen fitted perfectly.

To visit me like this to make the pattern and the prompt delivery were excellent in my opinion.

Now for the photos: 1 shows the strip on the side of the van 2 shows the screen fitted

IMG_1223-s.jpg

IMG_1224-s.jpg

That sounds like excellent service from Taylormade in Huddersfield who have demonstrated the kind of customer service that really should be the norm. Clearly this is not the case as we often see good service as the exception these days, and find the need to comment upon it. A few other companies I could mention could do well to take note of Taylormade's attitude.

As an aside, do you leave the shade in place all the time on site, and do you find it makes the front of the MH noticebly dark? We don't have anything to reflect the sun, or keep the cold out, at the front of our A-Class but do find it necessary to draw the curtain part way round if the sun is low in the sky.

Gordon. 

Gordon,

Only fitted it this week for the first time, so am unsure how we will use it yet. When we are on site previously we often opened the side blind on the opposite side to the sun and raised the front one part way to let in some light. With this attached we won't need to use the internal blinds. The external blind is made to fold down half of the centre section and you can buy an additional mesh screen that covers the top half when open to give privacy but we haven't bothered with that. We are off again in a couple of weeks time so will report back after we have used it in anger, at least now it is keeping the sun out if I need to go and tinker in the van before we go away.