Sign in to follow this  
tonymilford

Awning sides v windbreaks

I like to use my Cadac BBQ when out and about in my motorhome but frequently breezes blow out the flame.  I have a 5m wooden poled windbreak (like you use on a beach) which is a devil to use on gravel hardstanding and impossible on concrete or tarmac.

I am debating whether to buy a better, lighter windbreak or to get some Awning ends (Thule G2 for my omnistore sun shade).

Does anyone on here have any advice

On 8/26/2017 at 19:21, tonymilford said:

Does anyone on here have any advice

I confess that since I first read your post I have been trying to think of a viable alternative to a full awning/sun-shade side,and the only thing I have come up with are the folding metal guards that clip around the BBQ itself. So far I've been unable to find a UK supplier, but it is something that would not be too difficult to make.

The obvious alternative would be simply to place the BBQ on the leeward side of your motorhome ;)

Gordon. 

BBQ wind guard.jpg

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 15:57, Valkrider said:

I have a set of Windblockers from Lilypad Leisure and they are excellent and may well be a bit cheaper than the Thule ones. http://www.mysunshade.co.uk/

I was warned by someone I met abroad that these Lillypad Windblockers are alright for a bit of a breeze but if it gets windy, you have to take them down as they are too frail.  What is your experience with them?

I am in Spain and have only used them here. I have not had an issue with them so far but I must admit if the forecast is for strong winds I take them and the awning in.