Sign in to follow this  
chrisheg

Just taken the plunge and signed up for a motorhome after many many years towing.  Buying a three year old Chausson Flash and cant wait to take delivery.

Is there any list of public transport friendly sites with either club or commercial?  Want to used it throughout the year but not keen on winter cycling.

I welcome you to Motorhome Talk and hope you'll find that browsing the various forum areas is useful.

As far as sites with adjacent public transport is concerned I'm afraid I cannot really help as we carry a couple of folding bikes for weekends, and trail a small car for the main holiday.

I'm sure that another member will be along soon though with helpful info regarding sites. 

All the best,

Gordon. 

Hi Chris

I am not sure the information is available en masse but each CMC and C&CC site details page give some information on nearby public transport. I think the C&CC are slightly better at it. I have quite a few site reports on my website and if you look here http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/uk_campsite_new_2_index.html those with a little motorhome symbol next to them indicate either easy access to a town or village or the availability of public transport. I suppose I should add a health warning as rural bus services do tend to change quite a bit and usually not for the better!!!

David