Sign in to follow this  
Prospector

Bike Rack

Has anyone fitted a bike rack to a Burstner T685 2014 55 Edition. If so, could tell me what rack and where it fitted ie are there re-enforcement points?

Hi,

I have fitted bike racks to several caravans and motorhomes in the past and suggest that the Fiamma range will include a suitable model for your Bürstner, however to ensure that you choose the correct one to align with the strengthened parts of the rear wall I would suggest first contacting Bürstner directly.

See here http://www.buerstner.com/uk/contact/ask_a_question.html 

If you choose Fiamma then a rack from the Carry-Bike Pro range is probably best suited to the flat rear wall construction of your motorhome.

Gordon.

gallery_6_1799_53585.jpg

It will be interesting to hear what they say, and I wonder whether there are specific strong points on all of their motorhomes.

Gordon.

On 08/09/2016 at 09:25, Gordon said:

It will be interesting to hear what they say, and I wonder whether there are specific strong points on all of their motorhomes.

Gordon.

Received info, and does have strong points, having taken a closer look, there is a rail across the back at the top which seems to be made to take the Thule rack.

Looking at the fitting instructions, this rail means that there is no need to fit the top brackets and therefore I have ordered a Thule.

Incidentally, Burstner would not endorse any particular manufacturer.

Thanks for the information. I can understand why no particular cycle rack is endorsed as it should make no difference providing the load is securely fitted to the strong points.

Gordon.

I have ordered a new MH with a Thule 4 bike rack as I looked at fitting it if needed at a later date but the dealer said it did not come with the top rail fitted so I thought about it and said I will have one fitted now to save issues later which he then offered it free . I thought if I only use it for 2 bikes it will be handy to carry a larger dish for abroad also .

Dave