Sign in to follow this  
MEG55

Cracked bodywork

I cleaned the exterior of the van at the weekend for the first time since getting it and found a lovely crack in the bodywork.

It is about 1cm in size and there is no signs of any damage from perhaps a stone hitting it.  I am puzzled how this has happened, anyone any ideas please.

I hope with the van only being a few weeks old the warranty will pay for the repair.

The crack(it is actually split) is on the part of bodywork between the cab and the panel bit with the orange marker light.

post-209-0-97398600-1432682253_thumb.jpg

post-209-0-35197100-1432682266_thumb.jpg

Is there a mountain bracket behind that pannel area? Seen 2 others like that, when we was looking to buy at marquis. Good luck trying to claim on warranty we still waiting to hear back from marquis about problems on ours. spent 40k on mh its 12 weeks old and no reply from them will never buy or deal with them again. Worst customer service I have ever had .

You'd be astounded on what we find everyday on brand new motorhomes  :(  We Paint Sealed a 2015 Motorhome the other day that was only a few days old.  On top of the dents and footprints all over the roof, we found a deep scratch that had gone through the GRP side (Clearly done pre-sale, because the fridge vent was fitted over half the scratch and this was undamaged) and a large screw had been sandwiched between the window frame and the side of the Motorhome, causing the frame to bend and the side of the GRP to bow inwards! 

Damage and cracks are found on around 80% of the new Caravans and Motorhomes we work on.  Some dealers are very good at rectifying the problems, others choose to do nothing.. 

Mines due in 2 weeks and i'm actually dreading going over it myself.  My dealer has been given strict instructions not to touch my Motorhome, no matter how it get's delivered from the manufactures.  Other than fit the extras i've ordered.

Damage and cracks are found on around 80% of the new Caravans and Motorhomes we work on.  Some dealers are very good at rectifying the problems, others choose to do nothing. 

Mines due in 2 weeks and i'm actually dreading going over it myself.  My dealer has been given strict instructions not to touch my Motorhome, no matter how it get's delivered from the manufactures.  Other than fit the extras i've ordered.

It would be interesting to read a detailed report on the condition of your motorhome when it's delivered (both good and bad points) as I know you will go over it with a fine toothed comb  ;)

Gordon.

I don't have an issue putting up a report on here.  Also bare in mind that my expectations of perfection, will be much higher than other peoples, including a dealers.  

Then in my book, new is new and that's what I expect.

To be continued......

Don't you believe it - my expectations are exactly the same and we went over ours with a fine tooth comb. One issue we did find is that we could not see the roof but when we got it home we could see where, on the fibreglass overcab unit, there were 2 large square label imprints - the paper part of the labels had been removed  leaving a sticky residue which had attracted dust etc. I have cleaned it off and re-polished it so looks perfect but why don't they do the job correctly in the first place !

MEG

Sorry to hear of the problem From the photo it looks as if it could be impact damage but the other suggestion that a bracket may be behind it and caused the crack could also be the problem - get the dealer to sort it !

Alan

Hi Alan,

The dealer wants me to pay for it!!!!!!!

I have instructed them to submit a warranty claim to Explorer group.

wish me luck.

Hi Alan,

The dealer wants me to pay for it!!!!!!!

I have instructed them to submit a warranty claim to Explorer group.

wish me luck.

Best of luck! ;)

Hope all does go well for you MEG.

Do some homework on other sites such as Motorhomefacts.com you may find this is happening on several bonded together Elddis Motorhomes.