Sign in to follow this  
JaneA

How to get hold of owner manual in English

I recently bought a 1986/7 Fiat Ducato 2.5d (non turbo) Dethleffs conversion that was imported to UK from Germany.   I have all the paperwork in German.  Firstly, I don't understand a word of German. Secondly, I have no clue about anything really concerning the on-board set up/systems/appliances etc. (eg. I went to Halfords to buy a leisure battery but I wasn't even able to make the choice between a 60amp or a 110amp one...that's how clueless I am!)

Can anyone advise on the best way of finding the right manuals?

Thanks in advance.

Jane

Jane,

Dethleffs are part of the Hymer Group who are pretty good at keeping archive stuff, although it can be difficult to actually find it on the Hymer website, it tends to be squirrelled away in a hidden corner.

They have their own website http://www2.dethleffs.de/gb/ where you might find something and/or an email enquiry direct to them could turn up something useful.

Oh and if you need advice on leisure batteries a local motorhome or caravan dealer is probably a better bet than Halfords who probably know more about car batteries, which are a different thing.

Jane

I suspect the manuals for the base vehicle might be easier to come by but suspect they won't deal with habitation side. If you can find the paperwork you already  have online you could always try Google translation although I am not sure it works if its in .pdf format. It won't be perfect but it should give you an idea. For the various appliances I would go to the individual manufacturers websites and get the manuals from there.

Re the leisure battery. One limitation might be the designated space for it. If that is not an issue I suppose it would be a good idea to get the largest that would fit particular if you are using with no hook-up.

David

WE have a dethleffs and the leisure battery is located under the driving seat  and there is not a lot of height  ours  came with a 75 amp  but with a slight modification you accommodate a larger one

JJ 

Born under a Wandering Star