Sign in to follow this  
TR5

Introduction

Hi All

I have just signed up to Motorhome Talk, and looking forward to both gaining and giving information on motorhome related topics.

I have been a member (and still am) of Motorhome Facts for several years, and a couple of other motorhome related forums, including Motorroamers - until it's recent demise.

As you may guess I am a classic car owner, and actively take part in my local group. I have also retained the same forum name throughout, so I am recognisable to all.

My name is Michael, and I live in West Berkshire, have an Autocruise Starblazer, and regularly travel to and around France, usually twice a year for 3 - 4 weeks at a time.

I look forward to adding to this forum in the future weeks/months.

Welcome to the forum - it I good to see another member join us, especially one with experience of our hobby or is that our passion. 

Looking forward to your input.

Alan

Welcome, I am a relative newcomer to the world of motor homes, but like you I love classic cars, I am a lotus enthusiast having worked there for many years back in the late 80s.

Welcome! I'm also a newbie and wanted to introduce myself. I've recently become a proud owner of a Bailey Approach 625s and have had other motorhomes before this so hopefully i can offer some advice and gain some info too. 

Hey Gary !

Welcome on board - great to hear of another bailey approach owner !

How you getting on with it ?

Cheers

Yeah, so far so good thanks! The family love it! Had our first trip a few weeks ago, took it up to the Lake District so not too far away from Leeds for us.

Was looking for some tips on maintaining it, especially over winter. Will look through some posts or start a new thread. 

Thanks Madrunner

Gary

If you're not using it over the cold snap then really just ensure everything is drained down.

Fully empty the fresh and waste tanks, fully empty the boiler, leave all the taps and shower open mid way between hot and cold, empty the loo and fully drain the flush tank.

Prop the fridge and freezer doors open.

I leave the blinds almost closed, couple of inches of light, and half and half close the skylight blinds. Cab blinds fully closed.

Good idea to pull the cushions and seat bases away from the walls.

On dry days get some fresh air circulating in it too.

Other than that should be good to go !!