Sign in to follow this  
metblue

Hi everyone

Hi to you all from the two of us, been involved with motorhomes/campervans sonce I was 9 years old (long time ago !!) my father purchased one of the UK's very first VW splitty Devon Caravanettes  in 1960 !! toured with my parents for next 7 years to all points north/south of the border. 

Bought a 1972 bay window Westfalia in 1977 when I was married with two young boys and followed in fathers footsteps for a few years before taking the plunge and we went to France.

After selling that we went bigger and bought a selection of caravans until the boys did not want to come with us, then it was back to a Swift 630 motorhome (so we could take the grandchildren !

Since 2002 we have had a selection of new vans from a tag axle to our Bailey 740.Had problems with some of them,not all bad though our tag axle Arapaho was the worst with too many faults to mention.

Truthfully we have had no problems with our Bailey at all, been a few recalls on the Peugeot side (fixed under warranty)

Always carried a small fan heater to supplement the blown air heating but hopefully with Alde heating in our new van this will not be required.

In last 10 year since we retired we have travelled all over Europe but, our favourite place is Salou as it's flat and easy for us to walk around in as there are loads of places to sit down at, either on the benches, the shops, the pubs or cafe's.

Next year we are thinking of driving to Turkey to visit my sister who lives there with her husband.

cheers.

Tom & Jen

Welcome aboard and good hear you bought a new motorhome at the show.

We went just to have a day out not to buy as we only just got our new motorhome in July this year - we didn't find any of the salesmen pushy or even too bothered to speak to you, perhaps they felt that they didn't need to try !

Had a god look at the Bailey motorhomes and they looked bright and airy but each to his own and we preferred our AT Frontier. We felt the drop down bed in the Bailey left very little room to get up into it - so not sure about that one.

Enjoy and March delivery will come round soon for sure.

Alan

Hi to you all from the two of us, been involved with motorhomes/campervans sonce I was 9 years old (long time ago !!) my father purchased one of the UK's very first VW splitty Devon Caravanettes  in 1960 !! toured with my parents for next 7 years to all points north/south of the border. 

Bought a 1972 bay window Westfalia in 1977 when I was married with two young boys and followed in fathers footsteps for a few years before taking the plunge and we went to France.

After selling that we went bigger and bought a selection of caravans until the boys did not want to come with us, then it was back to a Swift 630 motorhome (so we could take the grandchildren !

Since 2002 we have had a selection of new vans from a tag axle to our Bailey 740.Had problems with some of them,not all bad though our tag axle Arapaho was the worst with too many faults to mention.

Truthfully we have had no problems with our Bailey at all, been a few recalls on the Peugeot side (fixed under warranty)

Always carried a small fan heater to supplement the blown air heating but hopefully with Alde heating in our new van this will not be required.

In last 10 year since we retired we have travelled all over Europe but, our favourite place is Salou as it's flat and easy for us to walk around in as there are loads of places to sit down at, either on the benches, the shops, the pubs or cafe's.

Next year we are thinking of driving to Turkey to visit my sister who lives there with her husband.

cheers.

Tom & Jen

Hi Tom and Jen and welcome to Motorhome Talk :D

Sounds like you'll have loads of tips and tricks to share with the new members that we've met at the NEC show! Hope you do get to go to Turkey, would be a fantastic trip.

Kind regards,

Ben

Hi Tom and Jen

Welcome on board ! Great to have more new members.

We have an approach 760, no real issues with it but I'm intrigued by the peugeot recalls you've had undertaken ?

I'd be grateful for any details of these so I can double check ours.

Cheers for now

Dave