Jump to content

Driving in Europe requires you to have a 'Green Card' as proof of insurance

Recommended Posts

The UK has now officially left the European Union, so on January 1st lots of things stayed the same but many changed.  One of those changes was the need when driving anywhere in the EU and satellite states for drivers to have on their person a 'Green Card', this is proof of insurance cover in the event of an accident.

Engineer Aftercare Warranty have created a piece to provide more information at https://engineerinsuranceandaftercare.com/eu-green-card/  But, owners of Cars and Caravans, Trailers, Campervans and Motorhomes (If your towing, you need two!).  As an exercise we applied for my own car from insurer 'LV' to see how easy it was and what was needed to source said Green card.

The good news is that it was relatively easy, and the insurer notified they would send the card next day in 1st class post.  For further clarity, we have added addition links to information pages on the Post office, .Gov and Zurich Insurance.

Martyn Raybould MD

Engineer Aftercare Warranty Ltd 

Opus 1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...