• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NickJ

NickJ

Two Star

• Admin
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Bailey will be displaying their brand new Compact Approach Motorhome at the Motorhome & Caravan Show at Birmingham's NEC (15th-20th October 2013).

Bailey-Approach-Compact.jpg

The exterior measures just 5.99m in length by 2.15m in width, but with an internal headroom of up to 6'9". The idea is to combine the practicalities of a van conversion (lower running costs, easier maneuverability etc) with comfort, space and flexibility of a coachbuilt motorhome.

The Approach Compact is powered by a 2.2 Hdi 130 bhp engine with a 6-speed manual gearbox sat inside a Peugeot Boxer Euro 5 cab. Fully adjustable front swivel seats for driver and passenger, opening sunroofs, cab air conditioning and cruise control are all standard features.

The new, ultra-low profile and lightweight AL-KO AMC chassis offers better weight distribution weight distribution to help improve holding and braking. It also allows for heavier user payloads.

The bodyshell is built using the Bailey patented Alu-Tech construction system, complete with a GRP outer skin and under floor protection, to create a leisure vehicle which is more robust, more durable and yet lighter than those manufactured using conventional methods to offer greater resistance against the elements to keep owners comfortable safe and secure all year round.

An Alde radiator heating system with a digital control panel is included as standard which, combined with the Alu-Tech bodyshell's thermal performance, allows for comfortable year-round use.

Two layout options are available - the 2-berth Compact 520 features a front lounge, central kitchen and washroom, with a raised rear fixed double bed with garage storage underneath. The 4-berth Compact 540 has a full width end washroom, a central kitchen and a coverable front lounge with a drop down double bed located above. 

More details can be found on Bailey's website, or by chatting with the Bailey team directly at the Motorhome & Caravan Show on stand 19-29, hall 19, where the Approach Compact will be making its debut. Display models will be arriving at Approved Bailey Retailers soon after the Show.

Full product information including a 360 degree product tour of each model will go live on www.baileyofbristol.co.uk in the week beginning 7th October.

#2 Madrunner

Madrunner

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationDorset

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Crikey these guys are on a roll.

If these compact versions are priced competitively they will sell lot hot cakes.

Nice.

#3 MotorhomeBob

MotorhomeBob

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Looks very tasty!

#4 henrypartridge

henrypartridge

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth East
  • Motorhome:Bailey Autograph 740

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I was looking at the new autograph range. The thing I don't understand is that, spec wise, they are roughly equivalent to a Swift Bolero.  Yet the Swift costs about nine grand more!!  How can this be?

• Madrunner and MotorhomeBob like this

#5 Madrunner

Madrunner

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationDorset

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

Couldn't agree more HP.

Makes the bailey look either underpriced or cracking value for money !!!
  • henrypartridge likes this

#6 henrypartridge

henrypartridge

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth East

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Surprised they have dropped the old 2 berth long settees/end kitchen layout.  Old hat I know but still dead practical.

#7 metblue

metblue

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDundee

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

We were at the show and had a good look at the Bailey compact but, as my wife and I both have leg problems we prefer the two long seats at the front !!.

Therefore we opted to purchase a new 740 has it has the seats plus a fixed bed ( no more making up the beds which sometimes gives me a sore back, heating is excellent too, plus lots of storage and with the larger external door to the underbed area give unhindered ease of access,

Did the deal on the day, both very happy and will be picking up our new van in March on a new "14" plate.sorted !!

#8 Madrunner

Madrunner

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationDorset

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Nice work metblue !!!! Not too long a wait and great choice of MH.

Definitely get some pictures up once you have it next march !!!

#9 klyne

klyne

Three Star

• 218 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

We were at the show and had a good look at the Bailey compact but, as my wife and I both have leg problems we prefer the two long seats at the front !!.

Therefore we opted to purchase a new 740 has it has the seats plus a fixed bed ( no more making up the beds which sometimes gives me a sore back, heating is excellent too, plus lots of storage and with the larger external door to the underbed area give unhindered ease of access,

Did the deal on the day, both very happy and will be picking up our new van in March on a new "14" plate.sorted !!

Metblue

I had a look at the new Autograph 740 at White Arches last week and I was very impressed. It has several important upgrades compare to my SE 740. We are not in  a position to change but if I were I would be tempted!!!

I am waiting to see a Bailey Compact as apart from knowing they have been introduced I have not seen much information about them and woulf like to see one in the flesh.

David

• metblue likes this

#10 metblue

metblue

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDundee

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hi david and thanks for nice words, we are only changing from old 740 to new one as we use the van all year round and the Alde heating is far superior to the current blown air.!!

We don't do cold,  lol !!!

thanks to others for nice comments too !!

• BenF likes this

#11 henrypartridge

henrypartridge

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth East

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Saw them at Campbells last weekend: very impressive with the sole exception of the outdated fridge.  Brilliant value, shame no long front settee model.

• Madrunner likes this

#12 metblue

metblue

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDundee

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Spoke to a friend of ours who was working as a salesman on the Bailey stand and he told me today that they did very well at the show !! had hoped to sell 15+ vans but more than doubled that figure !! all very very pleased ! quite rightly too

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bailey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users