Sign in to follow this  
Apw

Battery

How long should a leisure battery last?

How long is a piece of string?

This is the kind of question whose answer depends entirely upon the size of battery, the state of charge, its age, and what appliances you have connected. I have had caravans where the battery has been flattened in a weekend, and I've also run our MH for two weeks without the need for battery recharge. Generally though, a fully charged 110Ah battery in good condition should last many days with careful use. ie for running lights, water pump, and operating the control circuit of a gas powered fridge, and minimal (or no) use of a TV.

Gordon. 

Worth investing in a Solar Panel to keep it fully charged.

I do a lot of Wildcamping without a problem

I see that you are a Bailey owner. My first motorhome was a Bailey Approach 740 SE which I had for six years and had no problems with the leisure battery which was a Marine seal unit variety. I store it at home so was able to put it on charge most days.  I now have a Bailey Alliance with a wet cell Banner battery which I have to top up from time to time and it is very important to do so otherwise it will fail. I now have a solar panel so shouldn't really have to worry about keeping it charged but the 230v is also on most days.

David