Sign in to follow this  
bikerbri

Cornwall

We are planning a week touring in Cornwall w/c 5/7/19.

Our first stop will be Padstow Touring Park heading for Lands End and maybe an overnight in/near St Ives.

Been to Cornwall before but only in guesthouse (Newquay) 25yrs ago.

If anyone has any suggestions for good campsites (prefer by the coast but we will have scooter with us) it would be appreciated.

If you're a member of the C&CC  there's a rally at Little Winnick Touring Park, Pentewan Road, St Austell for £17 per night between 6/7/19 and 28/7/19. Details on page 30 of the February issue of Out & About magazine.

We shall be at Hendra Holiday Park near Newquay on a C&CC rally in September (£11 a night for the RV with car and trailer and 16A EHU) and while I don't like paying the normal site prices, I can certainly recommend rallies as a way of getting a cost effective holiday on a commercial campsite.

Gordon.

Cheers Gordon, not a C&CC member but might look in at Winnick, normally rallies are too crowded for me.

Looking to spend no more than 2 days at each campsites to take in more of Cornwall.

Will be in Lanzarote Sept soaking up the sun we don't get here 😎

1 hour ago, bikerbri said:

Will be in Lanzarote Sept soaking up the sun we don't get here 😎

Oh you poor man !

We're heading off in the opposite direction in the morning visiting family in Staffs, then friends in Blackpool and N Yorks before returning home next month to tidy the garden s it'll need it by then. "The foreign" will have to wait 'til another time!

Unfortunately for any squatters thinking of taking over the house in our absence, sorry guys it will still be occupied :P

Gordon.

19 hours ago, Gordon said:

Oh you poor man !

Gordon.

I know Gordon, the sacrifices I make in life just seem endless 😃

Hope your trip goes well but don't forget your brolly and check your gas levels for the heating before you set off 😉

Seriously though some great views and landscapes where your heading so enjoy.

Thanks Brian,

Brolly up, rain down, deep joy!

Gas full but EHU paid for so guess what I'm using to keep the chill off?

Had a brief tour of the area earlier this evening in the toy car, just to get our bearings before visiting family tomorrow.

ATB,

Gordon