I thought this was illegal , this motor home was dumping its waste water down the M42 motorway, it was spraying over the following car when I took these photos, thought motor homes were more law abiding than this??

20190512_175016.jpg

20190512_175026.jpg

Not sure about the legality but its not a very friendly thing to do. Was it coming out in some volume, can't quite see from the photo? The reason I ask is that I have noticed some people that have been to the motorhome service point leave their tap open which would cause an intermittent amount of water to exit the tap as it rolls around in the bottom of the tank. Still inconsiderate though. Rather interestingly I was reading in a very authoritative and popular motorhome magazine that in order to completely empty the waste tank during winter they advised leaving the tap open in order to get rid on all the waste water. Unnecessary in my view.

David

It is illegal to discharge any water directly onto the carriageway - even clean water that may be overflowing from an on board fresh water tank as I am guessing is what is happening at the rear right of the Endeavour! I expect the fresh water tank has been over filled.

If it were waste (grey) water then it should have a secure cap over the outlet. Our MH has a screw on cap over the waste outlet but caravans often have a small hinged plastic cap over the grey water outlets (where previously a rubber bung was used) because technically even one drip onto the highway is illegal, although extremely unlikely to be enforced.

we were following the motor home for about 10 minutes with the water draining out of a tap, it may have been just water but it did look dirty?

5 hours ago, Gordon said:

If it were waste (grey) water then it should have a secure cap over the outlet. Our MH has a screw on cap over the waste outlet...

Thats how it was on the Knaus I had previously. It had a screw on cap that should have had a rubber seal in it to prevent leaks. As so often happens, the rubber seal had been removed. Presumably, the previous owner had just left the tap open to allow grey water to slowly drip out.

The Adria I have now doesnt have anything over the end! A step backwards, perhaps?

20 hours ago, Scania said:

The Adria I have now doesnt have anything over the end! A step backwards, perhaps?

... or a cost cutting exercise, leaving the owner to ensure that the pipes are fully drained before venturing on the highway :unsure:

12 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

I read it is a FPN as a unsecure load they are stopping Motorhomes on .

Dave

What is an FPN?