Sign in to follow this  
Les

Water Pump

Hi all

Looking for a bit of help, have a 2012 AutoTrail Ttracker EKS and the last couple of times we've been out have found the water pump is constantly running, have checked for leaks, system seems up to pressure but pump still runs on.

Has anybody else had a similar problem. just wondering if the pump requires replacing.

Thanks

Les

Does your Tracker have an inline pressure switch for the water? If so this may simply need adjusting, alternatively if the battery voltage is low the pump may not be producing sufficient pressure to trigger the pressure switch and finally if you have micro-switches on the taps, it is possible that one of these has failed in the closed position. I think I would exclude all of the above before looking to replace the pump.

I hope this is some help.

Gordon.   

Gordon

Thanks for this, I had thought about the micro switches on the taps, just recently changed the shower insert so will investigate the areas as mentioned.

Cheers

Les

Gordon

Your advice spot on, leisure battery voltage low, connected to the mains, ran the pump and it shut off on closing a tap as it should do.  Got a good run around France starting next week so hopefully should put enough in the leisure battery to operate off the grid for a while, if not at least I know what the problem is.

Much appreciated.

Les

That's good news Les and thanks for keeping us updated. Been away a few days ourselves but back home again now - now you've mentioned it, I quite fancy a French trip myself :) 

Gordon.

Gordon, no worries, off tomorrow (Friday) get back about July, will let you know how it goes.  Enjoy the summer!!

Les