Muddywheels

Officially a motorhome owner at last!

Finally collected my 1st motorhome yesterday😁

The minute I turned the key to drive home the heavens opened and my 70 mile trip home means it's filthy already🙄

1st job was fuel stop and it laughed in the face of my normal £40 full fill up on the PHEV - took £90 and it already had a 1/4 tank😥

Averaged 25mpg home without anything on-board yet.

Having never driven a motorhome before I was pretty nervous but started to relax nearer we got home. Even got a wave from another MH owner going opposite direction which was nice😎

I was planning to wash it today but as fate would have it spotted a fiat 500c toad car locally for sale so had to check it out and ended up buying it😱

So I've now got to find a towbar for our 1st trip away🤣

Anyone know how you work out correct towbar because I can't make sense of the numbers quoted against descriptions🤔

Ironically I may sell the PHEV now as the motorhome and fiat will mean it's not going to get much use😳

I promise to post pics after I've washed it 😊

Thanks Scania:Thankyou:

Went for a 2019 Swift Bessacarr 560 Lounge Hi-style Auto - it's a bit of a mouthful but pure luxury😁

I will post photos when I get a minute but I'm running round like a headless chicken at moment 😳

I have recently purchased a campervan .No problems driving at all. When we had the caravan my wife would say " Do you want me to drive ? " Now she is sitting behind the wheel saying "I will drive !" My dealer is a little closer to home than yours but in the 2000 miles since pick up in November we have done 260 miles backwards and forwards to the dealer + twice that number in the car.Hopefully now all sorted.

2 minutes ago, g7eor said:

My dealer is a little closer to home than yours but in the 2000 miles since pick up in November we have done 260 miles backwards and forwards to the dealer + twice that number in the car.Hopefully now all sorted.

That's my worry :(

There are a couple of PDI issues they want us to come back for (140 mile round trip/3+ hours travel) and that's before we use it:blink:

Congratulations on your new motorhome. I hope you have many years of enjoyment from it.

Always amazes me that you spend £50000 -/+ for a motorhome and the dealer can't provide a full tank of fuel! Happened to us as well!!!

David

:goodpostingsign:Muddy

On 25/04/2019 at 22:50, Muddywheels said:

Finally collected my 1st motorhome yesterday

Big smiles all round :D

Even got a wave from another MH owner going opposite direction which was nice

Yea - it's a trial you'll have to get used to :lol:

I promise to post pics after I've washed it 

We'll hold you to that. How about a "before" and "after" picture so we can applaud your work? 

A very smart outfit and a bit of a change from your previous setup eh?

It's great for UK use but you may like to consider a trailer for the car if venturing into mainland Europe, as there are mixed reports over the acceptance (or otherwise) of towing cars on A-Frames in some countries, hence my choices below.

Toads.jpg

Yes been reading reports about A frame issues especially in Spain ☹

Considering visiting Algarve in winter and probably leave car at home then hire if required but would try to manage MH only if possible 👍

1 hour ago, Muddywheels said:

Yes outfit is a big change from last time

In all but colour scheme methinks :D

Nice one! Happy days ahead eh?

We were away at Blackpool this weekend helping a friend move house but we're back home now.

ATB,

Gordon.

Waving to other MH owners is a set practice owning one which you never see in caravan owners .

I find it quite amusing when the wife accidentally waves at oncoming Tesco delivery vans .

Dave

Strange never got waved at towing van 🤔

Already feels odd not waving when in car solo 🤣

22 hours ago, Muddywheels said:

Already feels odd not waving when in car solo

Buy an MG - you'll be waved to then :D

MGTF - MGF.jpg

Both of these prompt a response from other MG owners.

Bought a brand new MG TF 135 2004 but sold it when they went bust at a massive loss - wish I'd kept it now😭

DSC00009.JPG

Very nice, and red is the right colour for a roadster in my opinion!

My "F 115" was also red but with a red interior and I let it go for a song (big mistake) the "TF 135" as you can see is blue.

Image5.jpg  MGTF - Interior.jpg

The only change from standard was a replacement hood a couple of years back for one with a glass rear window instead of the original flexi-plastic one, that wasn't so "flexi" when folded one cold morning!

MGTF - Standard hood with plastic window - small.jpg  MGTF - Replacement hood with glass window - small.jpg    

But I digress, and I confess to have drifted well off topic :blush:

Gordon

As OP I don't mind going off topic 👍

Always loved MGs and was sad to part with mine - I considered a replacement but couldn't bring myself to buy a Chinese version and Swmbo hated the Red TF so gave up on idea 😳

Funny enough I was searching for a glass rear window just before I parted with mine and I had just bought a black hard top for longer distances 😎

Yes I have black hard top too. I tried it on the "TF" once to check it fitted but it's been hanging in the garage in it's padded storage bag ever since selling the "F". It was noticeably quieter with the solid roof on, but let's face it, part of the fun is that mid-engine's soundtrack! They may not be the best of sports cars but like you I do appreciate what they can offer, and I really do like to get the roof off as often as possible, in fact I was by the seaside yesterday enjoying the sunshine that was sadly lacking at home. 

MGF Hardtop.jpg  Volvo C70 Summer and Winter.jpg

I've always liked "wind in your hair" motoring though and was sad to part with the old C70 but family commitments required a more practical car at the time.

On 07/05/2019 at 10:50, Muddywheels said:

Yes been reading reports about A frame issues especially in Spain ☹

Considering visiting Algarve in winter and probably leave car at home then hire if required but would try to manage MH only if possible 👍

Good advice , don't even contemplate using an A-frame either in Spain or Portugal as the Guarda Civil Traffico in Spain and the GNR in Portugal do not tolerate them .                             Car Hire in Portugal is cheap anyway , i hired a nearly new Seat Ibiza for €8 a day at Albufiera and they delivered and collected it from the site .

The other option is a car trailer as i see a lot are doing in Spain