Sign in to follow this  
smino0_1

Going on a rally for easter

So as the wife says "the clubs prices are always rising",we have decided to try our hand at going on some rallies.the first 1 we have booked is easter break ,thurs to the tuesday.So, being as it our first rally(for probably 25years) we are basically a new rallyers. we are going to the south coast uk.

we have spoke to the officers and they assured us that they will help in any way poss to make our stay the best they can, Ive advised them of the size of our outfit and they have offered to accomodate us nearest to the roadside as poss.(as its a grass field).They do have ehu so its a bonus even though we are capable of off grid for a few days at a time.Our intentions are to Not move the moho once pitched and reply on either bycicles or bus.This will also be a first as we havent parked up for long periods before.

So we are looking forwards to it,but a little scepticle that we wont need assistance to get out of the field etc.(dont want to look a fool).

So here touching wood that our first encouters will be good and not thro us off.As our cost for this rally is £85 inc ehu for 5days ,over the easter period is some what little compared to what we are used to paying.

Don't worry, as if it's anything like the rallies we've on, there will usually be someone with a 4x4 willing to help if it gets a little soft underfoot.

Have a great time away.

Gordon.

Do you have slip mats? The problem often with muddy conditions is just getting going so the mats help you get a bit of momentum. We were on a Municipal site in eastern France a few years ago and it had been very wet. We chose our pitch very carefully so as not to be too far of the road and with the slip mats it all worked out well. Can't say that for a lot of fellow motorhomers, some of them just don't give any thought about how they are going to get off the pitch! There was a Swiss guy with quite a modest car who seemed to enjoy pulling people off the grass. On the same site there was a motorhome pitched just behind us. There was hardly a blade of grass on this pitch and it was wet and muddy. And yet the owner went off site every day with no bother what so ever!

David

Thanx for your replies.i have not got any anti slip mats,but only this mor ing i was looking at them.approx £15 for 2 pairs.so is a small price to pay for peace of mind.It not just that but its my pet hate when ive seen some pulling vans over the grass to get to a pitch.i love the grass outside our house and i know how much it takes to keep it in tip top shape.and if ruined how long it will take to repair.

So all we now hope is the weather hold out for us all

Sign in to follow this