Jump to content
bikerbri

Official Crit'Air UPDATE

Recommended Posts

I have just received official confirmation in writing from the French Department issuing Crit'Air Certificates/Stickers that the stickers can be displayed LEFT or RIGHT of windscreen clearly visible to enforcement/police officers. Printed off and coming with me to France :D

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting that. I think that you are correct to print it off and take it with you.

 

As yet, I've still not got one to place anywhere.  I've just mailed them to find out what has happened to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may not be just you Scania, my Scooter sticker has not arrived yet either which compared to the MH makes me wonder.

Incidentially I was reading an amusing blog regarding Crit'Air which confirmed the worst offenders for not displaying and being fined are the FRENCH :lol:

They are also apparently the worst offenders for speeding compared to all other EU drivers.

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bikerbri said:

Incidentially I was reading an amusing blog regarding Crit'Air which confirmed the worst offenders for not displaying and being fined are the FRENCH :lol:

They are also apparently the worst offenders for speeding compared to all other EU drivers.

Could that be because there are more of them in France than other nationalities - Just a thought ;)

Gordon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably more likely Gordon that french citizens dislike being dictated to by their government unlike the UK who by nature would rather suffer in silence and comply.:mellow:

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 09:43, bikerbri said:

Probably more likely Gordon that french citizens dislike being dictated to by their government unlike the UK who by nature would rather suffer in silence and comply.:mellow:

Brian

Not sure that is correct. Don't forget we have had emission zones in the UK (London 2003) for years. Probably only Germany has had similar although that was five years after the London congestion charge.  I like to think that us Brits think about things on a higher plane in terms of understanding things than many of our Continental chums. No one can deny the damage that emissions do in inner city environments its been proved many times. We might not like the solutions but we do have an understanding of why measures are necessary. 

 

David

Edited by klyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The emission zones in London came in about 2008, which was after other countries. Germany had them in 2005, and Sweden started trials in Stockholm in 2006, introducing them in 2007. 

 

If the population of London is about 190 million, then thats roughly what it is for the whole of Sweden, yet charges here were introduced earlier. Surely, they should have been introduced in London prior to that.

 

There is something that I read that I find interesting. Air pollution levels here have been measured for many years. I read two reports on different places here, both about 2018.  They were Helsingborg, and the capital, Stockholm. The air in Helsingborg is now 50% cleaner than it was in 2008, and in Stockholm, the cleanest it has been since 1968. Yet "greenies" (snotters as I call them) dont think its good enough.

 

Only this morning, I was reading a news report that said the average annual temperature here was rising faster than expected. If the air is cleaner, then how can that be due to pollution? The answer is actually in the past...:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The message on climate change I think is clear.

Unless EVERY nation on earth comply with a common target then no matter what the UK or EU do then the whole thing it pretends to encourage becomes meaningless other than to raise huge amounts of 'backdoor' revenue. And do I believe for one moment that the developing nations or others are prepared to sacrifice their economies for such a noble and fake cause wrapped up in Political Correctness? NO I do not:mellow:

World Trade and economies would collapse so it's just not going to happen, not all the 'Stickers' in the world will change that. If it meant ALL of us giving up our cars, motorhomes, holiday flights abroad hands up all those prepared to make the sacrifice.....................................................:unsure:

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:41, Scania said:

The emission zones in London came in about 2008, which was after other countries. Germany had them in 2005, and Sweden started trials in Stockholm in 2006, introducing them in 2007. 

 

If the population of London is about 190 million, then thats roughly what it is for the whole of Sweden, yet charges here were introduced earlier. Surely, they should have been introduced in London prior to that.

 

There is something that I read that I find interesting. Air pollution levels here have been measured for many years. I read two reports on different places here, both about 2018.  They were Helsingborg, and the capital, Stockholm. The air in Helsingborg is now 50% cleaner than it was in 2008, and in Stockholm, the cleanest it has been since 1968. Yet "greenies" (snotters as I call them) dont think its good enough.

 

Only this morning, I was reading a news report that said the average annual temperature here was rising faster than expected. If the air is cleaner, then how can that be due to pollution? The answer is actually in the past...:)

Sorry Scania, I think I have to correct a few of your figures. The London congestion charge was introduced in 2003, you may be confusing it with the LEZ zone which was 2008. The population of the UK is about 66 million and the population of London about 8 million. 

 

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, klyne said:

Sorry Scania, I think I have to correct a few of your figures. The London congestion charge was introduced in 2003, you may be confusing it with the LEZ zone which was 2008. The population of the UK is about 66 million and the population of London about 8 million. 

 

David

I did realise after I posted that there were a couple of errors. Thanks for pointing them out. I'd estimated the population of London as 10 million, the same as the whole of this country. Quite where I got 190 million from is quite wrong.

 

No problem with being corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 190 million probably includes the illegal immigrants so it's probably about right;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×