Sign in to follow this  
smino0_1

Camc redpennant for over 8m,5t and 2.4 wide

Ok so upon reading the t&c from red pennent,it appears they only show cover for upto 8m 4250kg and 2.5m wide Moho. Larger moho are at there discretion.So i took the liberty to do the online chat.It appears they do cover above these sizes but ,you have to submit your own individual sizes and they forward it to there Insurers for review.So i filled out the nessasary forms online and full sizes and it came back for a single european trip.

£357 for stardard

£437 for plus cover.

This was for motoring and personal cover

This was a quote for 28 days cover abroad and 7 days before holidays cover. Which looking at the type of cover i thought reasonable,for peice of mind.Obviously you have to be a member of the club in order to be able to get these cover.We are member but was going to cease it this year.but looking around at other quotes dont come back any where as good a cover, altho alot cheaper quotes.

Is this for Breakdown Assistance or Breakdown Recovery (back to UK)

I think it becomes a matter of how much to put on peace of mind by individual.

It is normal to fear breaking down abroad and equally for companies to profit from that uncertainty. I have never been so glad I joined ADAC when I did, £98 per year for full Breakdown/Recovery in Europe & UK.

Whatever the outcome Simon enjoy your trip abroad:)

Brian

Hi Brian,this is a link to the policy details.Its breakdown and emergency repairs ,onward travel.accomodation .hire vehicle etc. I feel that for the extra £70 its worth going to the plus cover.This is based on a single trip of upto 31 days.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/globalassets/pdfs/insurance/overseas-holiday-insurance-motoring-and-personal-policy-booklet.pdf

Hi Simon, by no means am I an expert on European Breakdown Cover but would be first to agree that it is essential.

At the end of the day having compared all the various policies available all we can do is settle for the one we feel most comfortable with.

We have done 6000mls on 2 trips abroad in a 21yr old MH without a single problem but that's no guarantee for future trips hence the ADAC renewal, go with what your happy with and plan for a great holiday. Lots of tips and advice available on this Forum for travelling abroad if you need it, all you have to do is ask.:)

Brian

It's all a question of weighing up your peace of mind, against the likely hood of anything happening, and the financial and other costs should the worst happen. Generally if I am not happy with a premium being charged when compared with the risk, I would opt out of voluntary insurance.

An example being the PPI scam that was being pushed years ago. I never took out a loan that I could not cover myself, so did not use any of these optional insurances. Consequently I was not entitled to any repayment when it was decided that money had been collected inappropriately from borrowers. In the meantime I had more of my capital to spend on things I did value. 

Gordon.

Ditto Gordon, I have just paid £98 for full european/uk breakdown cover for nothing more than peace of mind but £400+ is a different story. Add on the Ferry both ways and your probably looking at around £700 before you even start. Insurance/Motoring companies know the fear of breakdowns we all have and price their quotes accordingly, thank god I joined ADAC when I did. Rip off Britain is alive and well.

Brian