Sign in to follow this  
bikerbri

Dover MH Parking

Never having been to Dover is there a good Overnight Parking Area for Motorhomes in the ferry port or Campsite recommended nearby.

Brian

Brian

Years ago people used to park in Marine Drive but I seem to recall that the Council put a stop to that after complaints from residents. If you don't mind using a campsite Hawthorn Farm Campsite at Martin Mill  is about three miles from the Port. It also allows out of hours arrivals.

David

We have also stayed at David's suggested site, Hawthorn Farm, the only problem we had there was that the late arrivals / early start area is right next to the railway line, so maybe a little noisy, otherwise it's a clean and convenient location.

Contact details:- Hawthorn Farm Campsite & Holiday Park, Martin Mill, Station Rd, Dover CT15 5LA Tel: 01304 852658

There's also Little Satmar Campsite, at Capel-le-Ferne where we've stayed in the past prior to catching an early ferry.

Contact details:- Little Satmar Campsite & Holiday Park, Winehouse Lane, Capel-le-Ferne, Folkestone CT18 7JF. Tel 01303 251188

Alternatively there's the Royal Oak pub at Capel-le-Ferne, about five miles west of Dover, is somewhere we have stopped overnight. They can accommodate a few caravans / motorhomes behind the pub overnight

Contact details:- Royal Oak, New Dover Rd, Capel-le-Ferne, Folkestone CT18 7HY. Tel 01303 244787

An early start is not a problem at any of these as others will probably be doing the same to catch a ferry.

All very useful Gordon, Hawthorn Farm charges £20 for overnight stay and we will want an early depart.

Will checkout all options you have given a little nearer the time.

My partner Jayne is on waiting list for a knee operation plus recovery time so all fingers crossed otherwise it could all be a non starter.

Brian

A little more research has revealed the following:-

There is a multi-storey car park at Dover ferry port that has a two metre height restriction but apparently it is possible to park motorhomes overnight in the "Staff & Permit holders car park", adjacent to the multi-storey. To get to this car park, follow the signage for the multi storey, and the staff park is located on the left hand side just before the entrance to the Multi storey. This is old information so it would be as well to email carparking@doverport.co.uk to confirm this facility is still available. The cost for 12 hours parking was £8.00 some years ago but I suspect if you can still park there the cost will have increased by now.

I trust that Jayne will be fully recovered from her knee op by the time you travel.

ATB,

Gordon

That's excellent Gordon thanks, will look into this option also.

Jayne needs the op and recovery time if our timetable is valid, thankfully it is not a major op so fingers crossed.

I am using DFDS for both ferry crossings but when I checked with them I have to book 2 single one way trips because of using different ferry ports, from Dunkirk Ypres is 33mls but from Dieppe it's 174mls so makes sense to go from Dover. We are returning via Normandy so Dieppe to Newhaven is best for our journey home.

Brian