Valkrider

Intelsat 907 Receiver recommendations?

I was amazed this week when I was shown what channels were available with an 85cm dish this week here in Spain. As a result I am considering getting a dish and receiver. Does anyone have any specific recommendations for a suitable receiver that is easy to set up with the necessary BISS codes for the UK channels?

I would like to know more as well as I assume 907 is not available via normal FTA satellites but requires some sort of gatekeeping?

David

It is the backup satellite for the UK TV channels to the DTV masts. It is not intended for general use, however, with an appropriate receiver  and the decoding BISS numbers they can be decoded and watched. The satellite has a large footprint over most of Europe and the channels are receivable on an 85cm dish over most of Europe and there are reports of good reception on a 65cm dish.

I was looking for specific recommendations for currently available receivers as the ones I was shown was a discontinued model.

I will look forward to the outcome of your investigations. I have seen 907 mentioned quite a few times but never really understood what it was or how you access it so now I am a bit clearer.

Thanks

David