Sign in to follow this  
bikerbri

Spanish 'Stopover' Camping Despenaperros. Granada.

Camping Despenaperros is located in Santa Elena (Granada Province) within a designated National Park high in the hills.

A woodland site best described as 'Basic with Views' the location is its greatest asset, ideal for a stopover on route.

The site is run by a spanish man who appears to do everything himself and although the facilities are clean the general site lacks any obvious Grounds Maintenance.

The pitches are set amongst the pine tree's and not well defined, we were given a pitch on arrival inc electric but took 3 attempts on other pitches before we found a connected supply.

There is something quite 'quaint' about the campsite despite its obvious shortcomings but the potential is not hard to see, it just need developing.

A small but well stocked shop and cafe/restaurant are on site plus a tennis court.

Site fee's were 18 euro's per night inc electric, we did not ask about WiFi.

Ideal for a stopover.

10 hours ago, bikerbri said:

A woodland site best described as 'Basic with Views' the location is its greatest asset, ideal for a stopover on route.

I like "basic" so long as it is clean and tidy - after all, I've brought my own accommodation and facilities!

Gordon.

I agree with Brian about this site, there again I need to as it was me who recommended it ;). It is very close to the motorway and so is a very convenient stop over site. When we were there the restaurant was closed but the campsite gave is 10% off tickets to use in the restaurant in the local hotel about 50m away. We had a superb meal at a very reasonable priceĀ  and then got the discount. The wifi does work quite well at the site.