Ian22

Trip to Scandinavian countries

We are planning a trip to Denmark,Sweden etc in our motorhome and are asking about ferry operators and costs. We are in Northumberland so Newcastle-Amsterdam would be closest to us but it seems expensive. 

Any comments/advice would be appreciated. 

There are other routes from Newcastle but as they are all long haul I expect them all to be expensive. Are you a member of either of the Clubs? If so you might find they offer slightly better deals. Although they may seem expensive you have to balance that against a much longer drive to get cheaper fares from say Dover to Calais.

David 

Thanks David for your reply, we are members CCC so will look into them and research other crossings. I had taken Dover-Calais out of the equation because of of the travelling time. So I suppose more time/research required.

It's still a long way south but perhaps Harwich - Hook of Holland might offer better value and there are often deals on that route although most of them seem centred around caravans going free so not so sure what us motorhomers would get? Whilst it's still a long way from where you live that route would cut off a corner and you don't need to go anywhere near the M25!!!

David

Many thanks David I've looked at Harwich and the prices seem cheaper than other options.