Sign in to follow this  
GrayotypeR

general repairs

Hi all, we have just purchased our first motorhome, she is a old van in need of some maintenance and general tidying up. It's a swift royal 1995 5 birth, perfect for us, and was affordable.

I've done a full service on her, incl cam belt, engine service and brakes. Inside she needs a roof light resealed and the rear window seems to be letting in a bit of water, my question is where can I find what size/type seal will I need to purchase, any help would be appreciated. Graham. 

First of all Graham I welcome you to Motorhome Talk and hope you will find it useful to browse around the various forum areas.

As far as obtaining window seals goes probably your best bet would be to visit your local motorhome / caravan dealer (regardless of the franchise) and have a chat to their service department chaps. Alternatively, if you have had a look at the seals yourself, then companies like Seals Direct  do stock a large range, or for more general assorted bits and bobs you could try O'Leary.

I hope this is some help.

Gordon.

Hi Graham, I had a similar problem recently with seals for Habitation Door also due to age of MH, like Gordon suggested I tried my local national dealer who could not help but if you, or someone you know, has access to E Bay then a company called Monkeydub in Brighton sells a Sample Pack of various seals available which if not exact will probably have something very close. I found the closest thing and ordered the required length which did the job just as good. The item No is 221048328968 for just £2.45+post. Worth a try.

Brian

Hi

to add to the advice above you could first try Gummi

http://www.micksgarage.com/ProdDetails.aspx?pid=1584628&AffiliateID=32475&utm_campaign=google_base&utm_medium=shop_channel&utm_source=google_base&utm_content=&utm_term=&cnty=GB&gclid=CjwKEAjw6e_IBRDvorfv2Ku79jMSJAAuiv9Y_yuYja-Of7zpEzzkXIa6OM_eZr8pyXgKzkhC7BhDDxoCGqHw_wcB

Rejuvenates the dried out seals used it on my MH windows Micks garage confirmed it OK and will not damage the plastic windows

Gummi Pflege looks like a really useful product to prevent the rubber seals from drying out.

Thanks for the link.

Gordon.