Sign in to follow this  
delidave

Gaslow

Am having a Wellhouse conversion on March 1st with a Gaslow system.Has anyone had trouble refilling.Its not something I would have chosen as I wont use much gas but it was a demo van for a dealer with some options,alternative was wait 6 months.

Regards

I have a Gaslow system (2x 11kg) with an External filler, never had any problems refilling.

I have heard of some people with Internal filling points having problems but not many.

IMG_6435a.jpg

If its actually built into the motorhome you are buying I think I would look at it as a bonus as they are quite expensive systems to get installed. It will give you a bit more flexibility on how you use the motorhome especially when gas is the main fuel.

David

We have an installed gas tank on our motorhome, and while we tend not to use much gas either, having to drive the outfit to a an LPG pump to refill the tank has never proved to be a handicap. My personal opinion is that an installed system is probably better suited to a motorhome than a touring caravan, and if the inlet point is fixed to the vehicle there is never an issue with refilling on a forecourt. Our previous motorhome was also propelled by LPG and so had separate fill points for the two tanks, one for the engine fuel and another for the domestic supply.

Gordon

Thanks for that it has an external fill point.We are only using it for a dayvan and towing caravan.Just wanted a bit of reassurance thats all.

Are the filling pumps abroad the same or would I need an adaptor.

23 hours ago, klyne said:

If its actually built into the motorhome you are buying I think I would look at it as a bonus as they are quite expensive systems to get installed. It will give you a bit more flexibility on how you use the motorhome especially when gas is the main fuel.

David

It is the demo van at Bletchley Hyundai,milton Keynes

12 hours ago, delidave said:

Thanks for that it has an external fill point.We are only using it for a dayvan and towing caravan.Just wanted a bit of reassurance thats all.

Are the filling pumps abroad the same or would I need an adaptor.

You will need adaptors in Europe. Different countries have different adaptors, so it depending on which countries you intend to visit.

Or like us you can buy a kit like these - http://www.gasit.co.uk/gas-it-3-part-european-fill-point-adapter-kit.html