Sign in to follow this  
tony60

Auto- Sleeper , New Model

Just had a email from Auto Sleeper, showing their New model , "The Corinium" hope I have spelt it right, this is a Island bed model , that looks as if there is no side wardrobes near the headboard so you don't have to " shunt in and out of bed past these wardrobes" , which if I'm right is going to be a big selling point ,most of the Island beds on the market seem to have this obstruction,

The "Down side" as I see it that it's on a Peugeot Chassis that does not offer a Automatic gearbox as far as I'm aware, and if they decide to build it on a Mercedes this would be brilliant ,but the amount of money they want for current Mercedes built motor home is unreasonable in my view

Tony A.. 

Tony

It seems more and more manufacturers are using the Peugeot base vehicle rather than the Fiat. I assume there must be a bigish price difference? I would love my Bailey to have an option for an auto box.

David

Just had a email from Auto Sleeper, showing their New model , "The Corinium" ...

The "Down side" as I see it that it's on a Peugeot Chassis ...

if they decide to build it on a Mercedes this would be brilliant

I've just had a look at the Auto-Sleepers' website and the Corinium looks interesting. As you say though, it's on a Peugeot chassis and that would be a problem for me.

As I have said elsewhere on the forum, I have a problem with the Peugeot / Fiat cab design. Being quite tall, I need to set the driver's seat well back to be comfortable. That in itself is not a problem, but when in that comfortable driving position, I find that the rear view mirror is obscured by the frame of the driver's window. This is not the case with the Mercedes, as illustrated in the images below.  

post-11-0-94418700-1450956132_thumb.jpg  post-11-0-46680000-1450956159_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-13393700-1450956146_thumb.jpg