Sign in to follow this  
lawrie

UK Hymer dealers

Hi,

We have sold our vw california and hope to buy a hymer from belgium or germany next year.

Does anyone know if any UK hymer dealers will undertake warranty work for imports?

Thanks

Lawrie

Lawie

I think you might find any UK Hymer importers a bit sniffy about doing warranty work on an imported van. Hopefully you won't have any problems. Many things in motorhomes are standard across the board so there should be no issue getting something sorted out. The only discussion might be who pays for it!!! When you take delivery of it perhaps a good idea to consider staying on a campsite near the dealer for a day or two just to check you don't have any major issues. If you do you can take it back to have it sorted before returning home. I don't think you will have any problems with the base vehicle as all the main makers have pan European warranties.

David

Thanks for the advice :)

The price difference in buying abroad could be around £5000 which would pay for a trip back to the German dealers a few times.

I always thought warranty work was a big earner for car dealers.  Clearly different for motorhomes.

Cheers

Lawrie

The general concensus with UK manufactured dealers are service work is a bigger earner than warranty work which is at a rate defined by the manufacturers. Hence warranty work can take forever to get through the dealers.

They haven't yet worked out that by building better quality products this problem would become far less of an issue.

Bless em - wrapped up in a fluffy little cottage industry.