Sign in to follow this  
FM02MZO

Under floor gas tank & the Tunnel

We normally spend around 8 to 9 weeks touring France & Spain in the summer, and tend to use the camping car Aires as much as possible, we always use the van's toilet and shower facilities, plus the fact we normally cook in the van we tend to use a lot of gas. The gas locker on our Bessacarr is not the largest and I have been contemplating having a Gaslow tank fitted in the chassis, which would  then free up the gas locker for other things.

We always use the tunnel to cross the Channel, and they always ask to see if the gas is turned off at the bottles for obvious reasons. 

Can anyone please tell me, what happens when you have an under slung tank and they want to see if they are turned off ?    

Terry

I have often wondered about that question. I suppose the logical answer is that as you are not using gas to power the propulsion of the vehicle it should be treated as a standard gas bottle as I assume there is some method of isolating the built in tank? I am sure a quick call to Eurotunnel customer services, or perhaps on second thoughts an e-mail, as you might not get a knowledgeable person on the phone, would give you the answer.

David